POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse Clinician functions in a specialized area of nursing in the role of staff educator, and/or patient educator, and staff consultant. Develops teaching-learning activities in accordance with patient and staff needs. Facilitates and influences direct care by advancing the practice skills, (competencies), and knowledge of the direct care providers.
· Hospital RN Clinical experience.
· Understanding of adult learning principles.
· BLS Instructor Certification required, ACLS Instructor Certification preferred.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office products.
· Current RN licensure in the State of Texas or compact state
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· BSN, MSN preferred.