5,000 Bonus- Emergency Department
Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake is currently seeking a Full Time RN for their Emergency Department. The purpose of the Emergency Room RN is to provide comprehensive and quality emergency care to the general public with appropriate assessment skills, documentation and delivery of care along with education and follow-up means at time of discharge or admission.
Other Duties Include:
- Organize and plan care of pts in an emergency department with the ability to assess, determine treatment rational and delivery, administrate medications with accuracy and knowledge, educate pts.
- Discharge, follow-up and care mapping of pts from the ED
- Daily checks of equipment such as monitors, code equipment, crash cart checks, O2 cyclinders, respiratory boxes, trays for chest tubes, central lines, etc
- Accurately obtains and records in EMR results of glucose monitoring, iSTAT Chem 8+, Triage Cardiac panel, and urine hcg.
- Accurately runs controls on glucometer, iSTAT analyzer, Triage Cardiac analyzer, and urine hcg tests and documents QC appropriately.
- Ensures that control bottles and test cartridges are dated accurately
· Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
· ADN or BSN (preferred)
· 1 -2 years of ED experience preferred.
· Current professional nurse license issued and/or recognized by Board of Nurse examiners for the State of Texas.
· BLS and ACLS from The American Heart Association
· PALS or ENPC within 30 days from date of hire.
· TX Basic Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence Collection Training Course within 30 day from date of hire.
· Communication, computer and assessment skills to gather and convey information regarding patient care.