Patient Population Profile:
Provides for patients in need of orthopedic care, neurological disorders, strokes, and Level II traumas.
# Of Beds: 50 beds
· CPM Machine
· Foot Pump
· Compression Boots
· Specialty Bed
· Wound VAC
Diagnostic & Treatment Modalities:
§ EMU – allows continuous EEG monitoring
§ Intrapleural/epidural catheter
§ IV Lidocaine administration to alleviate pain.
§ Continuous telemetry monitoring
§ 3 negative Air-Flow Rooms
§ ALS “Sanctuary” Room
- Prefer at least one year RN experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate Nurses are welcomed at periodic intervals depending on preceptor availability
- Ongoing validated competency as required both generally and within unit parameters as they relate to the patient population needs.
- Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
- Computer skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
- Customer service orientation skills in problem solving
- ACLS certification