Progressive Care Unit treats patients recovering from multi-system organ failure, chronic pulmonary diseases and any other problems that may require close monitoring and/or advanced nursing care.
Patient Population Profile:
Hemodynamically stable patients with:
· Diabetic ketoacidosis
· Upper and lower GI bleeding
· Acute or chronic renal failure
· Respiratory insufficiency
· Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
· Drug overdose
· Liver Failure
# Of Beds: Twenty (20) intermediate
· Bedside EKG monitoring
· Mechanical ventilator
· Bedside pulse oximetry
· Bedside Hemodialysis
· Peak flow monitoring
· Chest percussion & postural drainage
- Prefer at least one year RN experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate Nurses are welcomed at periodic intervals depending on preceptor availability
- Ongoing validated competency as required both generally and within unit parameters as they relate to the patient population needs.
- Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
- Computer skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
- Customer service orientation skills in problem solving
- ACLS certification