The mission of the Registered Nurse (RN) Liaison is to provide quality patient care to our patients and their families. In this role, you will respond to emergency and planned coverage of liaison staff to comply with maintaining appropriate staffing. You must have the knowledge of each facility's discharge planning process to accept and refer patients appropriate for skilled home care services. You will work under supervision to formulate and implement a Home Care Plan in conjunction with the physician, patient, patient's family and discharge planner.
- Responds to referrals in a timely manner and evaluates patients for appropriateness of skilled home care services.
- On an ongoing basis during a patient's hospital stay, plans for the skilled home care needs of patient in a timely manner to ensure patient's expeditious movement to the appropriate level of care.
- Implements a comprehensive home care plan based on the in-depth assessment of the patient's needs, including coordination of activities with family, informal supports and other community resources.
- Maintains working knowledge of third-party reimbursement guidelines and regulation standards.
- Functions as liaison between the North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network and the facility by acting as a home care service resource person.
- Performs job functions in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with the Network's mission and vision.
- Assists with orienting new nursing personnel to department policies, procedures and practices.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing, preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State. Current Drivers License.
- Minimum of one (1) year medical/surgical nursing experience, and one year of Community Health experience, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.