At CareOregon, we’re looking for professional people with energy, drive and persistence – people who are ready to make a change, because we’re better together
Registered Nurse - Case Management
The purpose of this position is to develop and enhance care strategies for high risk members who qualify for palliative care programs. The position will entail integrating process and quality improvement projects between CareOregon internal efforts and community partners. A focus of the position is to address complex patient needs by combining operational strategies into a continuum of care for very ill patients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Use good judgment, take personal initiative, and use discretion in performing job responsibilities
• Ability to perform clinical case management role within a health plan setting
• Knowledge of effective motivational interviewing, health care teaching, and coaching principles
• Ability to work with the Department of Human Services (DHS) and Aging and Disabilities Services (ADS) case workers
• Knowledge of Medicare benefits, Special Needs Plan requirements, Oregon Health Plan benefit package and Oregon Medical Assistance Program (MAP) rules and regulations
• Skill in computer software for word processing, claims and documentation, faxing and document management, and electronic mail and operate multiple computer programs simultaneously
• Ability to attend to details, be accurate, and use organizational skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and synthesize data from multiple sources in order to present information clearly
• Work cooperatively within a team setting in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative relationships and be flexible and adaptable
• Collaborate with other internal and external clinical disciplines
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and respectfully, verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers in a timely manner
• Ability to use excellent customer service skills; treat members with dignity and respect, and without judgment
Education and/or Experience
Unrestricted Oregon RN license required. Two years experience working in hospice/palliative care management role. Preference may be given to applicants with certification in hospice and palliative nursing (CHPN). Preference will be given to candidates with experience working directly or telephonically with a population similar to that found on the dually eligible Oregon Health Plan population.
Visit us online for a full position description and application instructions.