PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Emergency Department Tech opportunity for a 35 hr/wk, day shift position.
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician in the Emergency Department.
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant program*
- Minimum of one year work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant
- Prior acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Nursing Assistant certification in the state of Washington.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Completion of ED specific competency based education
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
*Washington: If hired prior to October 1, 1997, may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the state of Washington
Location:St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Other Technicians & Technologists
Shift Length:10 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $14.35
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Other Technicians & Technologists || Part Time || EMERGENCY SVCS