PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Administration Regional UD/RB (7010)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join our Patient Transfer Center as a RN Care Coordinator Inpatient. This is a 24 hr/wk, evening shift position that will rotate weekends.
This position is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of incoming direct admissions and patient transfer requests at a 24-hour operation transfer center for Oregon West Network (OWN). Responsible for coordination of all outgoing transfers from OWN facilities. Acts as a liaison for referring entities (e.g. Physicians, hospitals, other care providers) seeking to refer, consult, and/or transfer into OWN.
- Reviews all patient admission data within the designated time frames to determine the suitability of the level of care in accordance with hospital-sanctioned ISDA criteria and/or other established criteria for other settings across the continuum of care.
- Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family in internal and external settings.
- Comprehensively assesses patients’ goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs and financial status.
- Identifies key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the plan of care which may include: over or underutilization of services, premature discharge from an appropriate level of care, need for specific service to improve health status, caregiver fatigue and burden, knowledge deficits and inability to comply with the plan of treatment.
- Communicates the utilization assessments needed to justify continued hospitalization and to obtain procedure for pre-certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital required.
- Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialty Certification within two years of hire
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $33.84
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || SYSTEM & REG ADMIN