In the role of Quality Management Director, you will plan, organize and direct the staff and activities of the Quality Management/Performance Improvement Program to achieve approved clinical goals and strategic operating plans and objectives. You will also ensure compliance with regulatory agencies in accordance with internal and external requirements/regulations and promote effective patient safety and performance improvement initiatives to improve processes and outcomes of patient care.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees aspects of the Quality Management/Performance Improvement Program at facility in conjunction with the Associate Executive Director, Quality.
- Develops methodologies that enhance problem-solving and effective resolution of identified patient care issues.
- Oversees orientation and education on quality improvement and performance improvement theoretical frameworks that promote high quality patient care.
- Develops and implements appropriate measurements to assess processes and outcome of patient care.
- Facilitates a multidisciplinary approach to issue resolution and process improvement.
- Reviews and evaluates the Performance Improvement Program and the Organizational Performance Improvement/Safety Plan annually.
- Fosters participation in all NS-LIJHS Performance Improvement initiatives to share and learn best practices.
- Develops Performance Improvement Coordinating Group (PICG) agenda (with the Associate Executive Director), to ensure all relevant reporting including performance improvement prioritization. Oversees the production of PICG minutes for distribution to members, Administration and Medical Board.
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of all Quality Assurance documents in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements with regard to statutory standards in conjunction with the Associate Executive Director, Quality.
- Provides ongoing regulatory updates on quality management/performance improvements to the PICG.
- Oversees investigation and reporting as required with DOH NYPORTS Program and Sentinel Event reporting with submission of root cause analysis findings and recommendations.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory changes pertaining to Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement activities.
- Coordinates and communicates all on-site surveys pertaining to Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement activities.
- Promotes effective patient safety and performance improvement initiatives to improve processes and outcomes of care.
- Facilitates performance of Root Cause Analysis with Clinical and support services to effect improvement in processes of care delivery.
- Promotes failure mode analysis as a methodology for proactive assessment to improve care delivery.
- Collaborates with all departments/services on performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in prioritization of performance improvement teams.
- Collaborates with System Quality Management.
- Attends the monthly QM Directors/System PICG.
- Ensures system Quality Management is notified of all serious patient safety/adverse occurrences including potential sentinel events.
- Shares best practices and lessons learned with members of NS-LIJHS.
- Develops and manages direct reports and oversees the development and management of their staff.
- Demonstrates ability to manage department in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Uses labor and non-labor resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Develops and manages the department budget within approved guidelines.
- Recommends and implements approved cost saving ideas using the most economical path.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Services, Allied Health or related field, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of seven (7) years administrative experience in Quality Management Utilization Management.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.