We love our patients. We think you will, too.
Excel as the superior nurse, mentor and clinical expert that you
are and have a dramatic impact on the lives of our patients and their families.
In this vital role, you will coordinate ESRD patient care and services (trend
lab values, track metrics on vital signs, weight, outcome management, etc.).
You will provide the highest level of care to our patients and ensure their
safety, comfort, and well being.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships
inside a company that encourages fun on and off the clock, then DaVita is the
place for you.
Some details about this position:
is a full time position working a Monday through Friday schedule
generally from 8-5, but it may require some Saturday availability.
schedule above is meant only as a framework. We need someone who is
willing to roll-up their sleeves, exercise flexibility and do what it
takes to "get the job done."
looking for a strong leader and manager as you will assist the Facility
Administrator in the supervision of a clinical staff.
minimum of six months nursing experience within dialysis REQUIRED.
months of clinical nursing experience also REQUIRED. ICU, CCU, ER,
med/surg strongly preferred.
this vital role, you will coordinate ESRD patient care and services (trend
lab values, track metrics on vital signs, weight, outcome management,
strong work ethic, team spirit and FUN nature go a long way at DaVita, so
roll up your sleeves and put on your party hat.
patients are the #1 priority and we're looking for the cream of the crop
to help make a difference in their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the
expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Perform and analyze patient assessments including but not
limited to taking/monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of
dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient
treatments, taking and transcription of physician’s orders, drawing and
documentation of ordered laboratory work; review dialysis orders
• Note any signs of trauma, patients’ general physical and
mental condition, review of dialysis orders, document observations in patient
medical records legibly
• Report results to physician(s) as necessary
• Provide hemodialysis therapy including but not limited to
formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate to be
ultrafiltrated, ensuring safety measures are in place and complied with,
administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing
dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity
• Assess patient and family learning readiness; provide
appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment and
medical regimen and their impact on the
patient’s state of health and well-being as needed; participate in
ongoing patient education; instruct patient on pre- and post-dialysis care
• Administer quality patient care in a considerate, respectful
Planning, Coordinating & Organizing
direct patient care administered by PCTs, LPN/LVNs and RNs
vital signs; initiation and termination of dialysis; documentation;
physical assessment of all patients each treatment
the transcription of all physicians’ orders
documentation of all laboratory work orders
Communication & Patient Service Skills
Facility Administrator of any incidents, conditions, problems, counseling
and the necessity for further counseling appropriately regarding teammate,
patient care and facility management
Financial Management/Quality Assurance
treatment records and ensure accuracy of charges.
in quality improvement programs
availability of inventory and supplies; may oversee work of Inventory
Technician and approve supply order if delegated to do so by FA
with DaVita policies and procedures in accordance with all state and
federal regulations for patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, or
other governing agencies)
with state and federal regulations of the Teammate Health and Safety
collaboratively with Clinical Services Specialist as needed
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not
• Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
• Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as
• Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment
policies, and department or company procedures
• Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an
essential responsibility of this position
• Know facility emergency plans and demonstrate ability to act
swiftly, confidently in an emergency
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a
community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really
outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your
rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your
financial well-being and your future.
above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure
across the nation.
- Current RN license within state of practice
- Minimum of 12 months' clinical nursing experience required
- 6 months of dialysis experience required in each mobility for which the nurse will provide training
- Current CPR certification required
- Clinical supervisory experience preferred; willingness, desire, and ability to provide leadership required
- CNN or CDN preferred
- A.D.N. degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N. preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- ICU, CCU, ER or Med Surg experience preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Hemodialysis, Renal, ESRD, Critical Care, Med Surge, Telemetry, Kidney, renal therapy, CKD, nephrology, RN, Nurse, Registered Nurse