Patient Team Support - Operating Room Job
Date:Apr 10, 2014
LocationBellingham, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Operating Room (3000)
**This is a per diem position with no guarantee of hours, must be flexible.**
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
1. Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
2. Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
3. Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
4. Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
Accurate transcription of orders
5. Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
6. Promotes the safety and security of the unit through:
A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies and disaster plan.
7. Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
8. Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
9. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
**This position requires cross-training to the OR Control Desk and Pre-op Unit Secretary. CNA position may include cross-training to assist with OR turnovers**
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
WA:State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification is required.
Good communication and organization skills are required.
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Administrative; CNA/LPN/MA; Professionals - Clinical || Per Diem/Relief || SURGICAL SVCS