PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Neonatal ICU RB (2020)
**THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT SHMC ONA MEMBERS FOR THE INITIAL 7 DAYS. INITIAL 7 DAY POSTING CLOSES 2/20/14, AFTER WHICH THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-ONA CANDIDATES**
Peacehealth, Sacred Heart at RiverBend, in Springfield, Oregon, is currently seeking RNs for a per diem evenings shift position in our NICU. NICU experience preferred or may have minimum of 2 years Critical Care experience with at least one year of NICU or Critical Pediatric experience within the last 5 years required.
The RN Staff Nurse will assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. The RN Staff Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
• Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
• Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
• Participates in process improvement activities.
• Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
• Directs and delegates care to other team members.
• The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned. All job duties must be performed in a manner that demonstrates the PHOR Personal Accountabilities, Core Values, Behavioral Expectations, and the Mission and Values of PeaceHealth Oregon Region.
• Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program
• BSN Preferred
• Current Oregon RN license required or must be in process of obtaining such licensure
• Current BLS required
• NRP required within 6 months of hire
• Additional educational experience (preceptorships, mentorships, SFE's) in acute care perinatal nursing preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years Critical Care experience with at least one year of NICU or Critical Pediatric experience within the last 5 years required
• Experience with neonatal ventilation, nasal CPAP, and in-line pressure monitoring required
- Position requires excellent communication skills, ability to make adjustments in care planning in a rapidly changing environment, demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
• Demonstrated ability to provide NICU care required
• Knowledge and ability to provide age-specific care principles of growth and development required
Ability to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist, stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion. Ability to respond quickly to emergent situations.
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $32.35
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || CRITICAL CARE SVCS