At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Nutrition Therapy (3900)
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Nutrition program for Inpatient (Acute Care & Skilled Nursing Facility), Outpatient, and Home Health. Independent decision making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
1. Manage the daily operations ensuring the department operates competently and efficiently, producing quality patient care and quality data for its internal customers.
2. Establish, implement and maintain medical nutrition therapy policies and procedures in accordance with The Joint Commission guidelines.
3. Responsible for MDS completion for Skilled Nursing Facility.
4. Coordinate ongoing review and implementation of nutrition practice guidelines as well as use of evidence based care.
5. Assist in the development/analysis of patient menus and work in collaboration with Food Services. Collaborate with other PeaceHealth Clinical Nutrition services to maintain and update the PeaceHealth Diet Manual.
6. Provides input regarding budgeting, purchasing, annual objectives and utilization of budgeted funds.
7. Provide medical nutrition therapy to patients as described in the Dietitian job description.
8. Actively contributes to Quality/Process Improvement measures within the department and throughout the hospital including planning, implementing, and evaluating programs.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Dietetics program required.
Master’s degree from an accredited Dietetics program preferred.
Minimum of one year relevant clinical experience required.
Previous leadership experience preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
Maintain current knowledge and skills with continuing education as required by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
• Registered Dietitian in the State of Alaska.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to function independently.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
Location: Ketchikan, AK
Job Category: Professionals - Clinical; Professionals - Other
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Temporary
Salary range starts at:$26.18
Required Certifications/Licensure:Registered Dietician - Alaska
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan, AK || Professionals - Clinical; Professionals - Other || Temporary || REHABILITATION SVCS