At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Operating Room (3000)
This position is responsible for providing operational leadership and for planning, developing and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for assigned departments.
1. Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises staff for assigned services and programs.
2. Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, department chairs and medical staff.
3. Fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develop, implement and monitor operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets.
4. Develop strategic and long-range plans and policies for the effective implementation and operation of specific patient care programs and associated activities.
5. Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel.
6. Lead continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishing and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, department managers, staff and customer that lead to measurable improvement in patient care outcomes, efficiency and customer service.
7. Develop clinical processes that assure patient safety. Accountable for knowledge of and achieving or exceeding national benchmark and patient safety goals for scope of accountability.
8. Ensure regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
9. Monitor, communicate, and work to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
10. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
BSN or MSN degree required at date of hire.If BSN, Masters preferred.
• Five years of experience in acute clinical nursing required, with two years minimum in OR preferred.
• Three years progressively responsible healthcare management experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
2 Operating Rooms and 1 ENDO Suite. Procedures include: Ortho, General, Ophthalmology, Endoscopy and GYN.
Strong Ortho experience preferred.
Director is responsible for the OR, PACU, Outpatient Infusion and Sterile Processing with a total of 23 FTE's.
• Current RN licensure in the state of Oregon.
• CNOR certification preferred.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Ability to function within and enhance a supportive team approach with patients, staff, families, caregivers, community providers and agencies
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
Location: Florence, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care; Professionals - Clinical
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Salary range starts at:$42.79
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Florence, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care; Professionals - Clinical || Full Time || SURGICAL SVCS