Nurse Practitioner Specialty - Urgent Care Job
Date:Feb 21, 2014
LocationSpringfield, OR, US
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Urgent Care RBP (4151)
If you're looking for a career in health care that engages your heart and spirit as well as your mind, apply at PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is a Pacific Northwest, not-for-profit health care organization. It was most recently recognized by The Joint Commission on Quality and Patient Safety which ranked PeaceHealth #1 in the West and #4 nationally for quality care.
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, completed in 2008, is a 362 bed regional referral center and Level 2 Trauma Center with a full range of specialty services. We also staff Sacred Heart Medical Center ' University District, our former main campus, which is now comprised of a busy emergency department, a small medical unit, ACE (Acute Care of Elders) program, inpatient rehabilitation unit, inpatient psychiatry unit.
Situated in the heart of Lane County, this is an adventure driven destination. Find yourself hiking to spectacular waterfalls or along endless public beaches, rafting and kayaking in white water, cycling through wine country or along Eugene's many miles of bicycle paths. Eugene is one of the most desirable cities in the Pacific Northwest in which to live, work, and play.
Within scope of practice and in alignment with both hospital staff bylaws and PHMGs physician supervision expectations, responsible for advanced level of nursing evaluation, clinical assessment, prescribing and monitoring medications and follow-up care for patient. Responsible for patient and family teaching.
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
2. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
3. Gives directions to nursing and other staff.
4. Prescribes medications and treatments and ongoing medication management. Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interprets test results.
5. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
6. Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations according to established standards.
7. Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of Accredited School offering an Advanced Degree in Nurse Practice (ARNP) required.
• MSN in related field preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Licensed to practice in the state as a Nurse Practitioner
• ANCC certification required. (ACNP; AANP, FNP or GNP)
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS is preferred in some settings.
• Have national prescriptive drug privileges with a DEA number.
• Current Driver’s License and insurance required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, nursing staff, and other departments.
• Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality.
PeaceHealth is a financially strong organization and offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including health coverage, retirement plan, CME reimbursement and relocation assistance.
Please contact Dorothy Reed at 541-868-3454 or email email@example.com.
Please visit our website: www.peacehealth.org
Location:Riverbend Medical Pavilion (418)