At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Recovery Room (3150)
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
• BSN preferred.
• Specialty certification preferred.
• One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
**At least one year of critical care and/or PACU experience nursing experience required**
** This is a per diem position, must be flexible**
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
PALS certification required within 12 months of hire.
• Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
• Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
• Basic computer skills
Location: Bellingham, WA
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at:$29.42
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Pediatric Advanced Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || SURGICAL SVCS