PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Nursing Administration RB (7061)
PeaceHealth, Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend, in Springfield, Oregon, is seeking experience RNs for a House Supervisor position. Position is part-time, 40 hrs per pay period, and must be available to work weekends and all shifts as needed. This role is responsible for the coordination and supervision of hospital and patient care services for assigned shifts. Makes administrative decisions, provides direction and authorizes and acts in the absence of the department manager and/or hospital administration.
1. Provide leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
2. Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and education for the staff and assists them as needed. Keeps managers and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer. Responds to codes and RRTs, coordinates caregivers responding to codes.
3. Direct and collaborate with the staffing coordinator/office or Charge Nurse in decision making of how nursing units are staffed and intervene in patient placement issues.
4. Promote problem identification, investigates hospital incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
5. Act as contact for news media, law enforcement agencies, coroner, etc. when indicated.
6. Assist with the coordination of transfers to and from other facilities, assuring completion of appropriate forms and notification of receiving facility.
7. Interpret organizational policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing departments as necessary.
8. Provide for the initiation of legal Mental Health Holds and provide for transport to appropriate evaluation facilities. Provide for the safety of the patient, staff, other patients and visitors, while ensuring that the patient's legal rights are not violated.
9. Coordinates notification of Pastoral Care according to the needs & requests of patients, families, and staff.
10. Responsible for the coordination & delegation of the guesthouse, disbursement of the indigent fund, & organ donation requests.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• BSN or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Related experience may, at the discretion of the hiring manager, be substituted for a degree.
• Three years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting required.
• Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• Ability to work independently
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Ability to resolve issues in a positive manner
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and any applicable clinical software
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$37.23
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other || Part Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN