LifeCare Hospitals of North Texas - Plano TX
Wound Care LVN/LPN (PRN)
General Summary: The Wound Care Specialist has the responsibility and accountability for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of wound care. Provides direct patient care and education to assigned patients. The Wound Care Specialist is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Wound Care Specialist competency checklist.
2. Provides consultation and assistance to staff/caregivers regarding wound management of patients with potential or actual alteration in skin integrity (per state guidelines if LPN/LVN).
3. Assesses patient to determine etiological factors for skin breakdown (per state guidelines if LPN/LVN). Develops comprehensive wound management plan and assists staff in wound care when indicated.
4. Serves as a primary wound care educator for patients / families with wound care issues.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
7. Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
If RN: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
If LPN/LVN: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
If PT: Bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate from an accredited school in physical therapy
If OT: Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited school in occupational therapy
1. License in specialty area in state where currently practicing
2. Current BLS certification
3. RN, LPN/LVN – CWOCN or CWS preferred
4. OT or PT – CWS preferred
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made. - See more at: http://www.lifecarejobboard.com/ViewJob.aspx?JobId=4363#sthash.M4p4WhzX.dpuf