LifeCare Hospitals of North Texas - Plano TX
Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
General Summary: The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse identifies patient needs, plans, implements, evaluates and provides nursing care of assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The LPN/LVN is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the LPN/LVN competency checklist.
2. Completes and appropriately documents an accurate assessment of the newly admitted patient within 24-hours of admission.
3. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
6. Assists other RN’s, LPN/LVN’s, PCT’s and CNA's in the care of the patient.
7. Communication and documentation is complete, concise, and adheres to the nursing standard of practice.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
Education: Graduation from an accredited technical school of nursing
1. Current LVN/LPN license in state where currently practicing
2. IV Certification preferred
3. Current BLS certification
4. ACLS within six months of hire date
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made. - See more at: http://www.lifecarejobboard.com/ViewJob.aspx?JobId=4600#sthash.MrQtAygI.dpuf