Colorado Acute Long Term Hospital Denver CO
Registered Nurse (CCRN Required)
General Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and
provides nursing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s
progression toward optimal health. The RN provides, directs and guides patient/family teaching and
readiness for discharge to prepare the patient for self, home or further professional care. The RN is
actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to
ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
- Assesses needs of patients in basic and complex situations, identifies potential or actual needs, and communicates changes in patient status, needs or condition to the supervisor and physician when applicable. Documents the assessment.
- Plans the care of patients and their families in response to identified needs, throughout the continuum of care, in collaboration with the transdisciplinary team. Documents the plan and revisions.
- Implements the plan of care by providing nursing interventions directly and/or appropriately delegating care to others, demonstrating competent and proficient nursing practice. Responds appropriately and assists others in responding to emergencies in a calm and effective manner.
- Initiates and coordinates the evaluation of care provided and documents the patient’s response to care provided by nursing and other members of the transdisciplinary team.
- Facilitates the identification and resolution of patient’s admission, transfer and discharge needs throughout the course of care in collaboration with the transdisciplinary team. Identifies individual learning needs of patients and families and provides education in a manner that meets their special needs.
- Communicates with the Charge Nurse or Nursing Supervisor on changing patient needs or acuity for appropriate staffing. Facilitates the admission and transfer of patients including appropriate patient placement.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served and other special needs of patients or customers, served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in an acute or LTACH setting is preferred.
Education: Graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program is required.
Licensure/Certification: Current Registered Nurse license in the state where practicing is
required. Current BLS certification is required upon hire and ACLS certification is required within six (6)
months of hire. All Registered Nurses must maintain current licensure, BLS and ACLS certifications while
employed with LifeCare Hospitals.
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made. - See more at: http://www.lifecarejobboard.com/ViewJob.aspx?JobId=4454#sthash.R04FJXwr.dpuf