LifeCare Hospitals of North Texas - Plano TX
The Scheduler is responsible for the staffing of nursing employees for the hospital. The Scheduler is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
1. Assists the Director of Nursing in the management and maintenance of a centralized nursing staffing plan by coordinating the scheduling of all nursing employees, utilizing input from the Director of Nursing or Nursing Supervisor to identify staffing needs.
2. Schedules nursing staff using developed staffing guidelines and utilizes worksheet to optimize staff utilization and minimize overtime expenses. Communicates attendance, PTO and leave requests to Director of Nursing as needed.
3. Ensures staffing information is entered into e-Scheduler and communicates NHPPD to corporate daily timely.
4. Maintains current roster of nursing staff, including name, address, phone number, limits of availability to work, and areas in which approved to work. Updates the roster and sends to Director of Nurses on a monthly basis.
5. Prepares and distributes a staffing confirmation for the next 24 hour staffing. Contacts contracted nursing agencies when needed for supplemental staffing. Ensures current and appropriate information regarding agency personnel is reviewed and obtained prior to agency personnel working.
6. Assists and supports the Director of Nursing by carrying out administrative assignments including, but not limited to: written and verbal correspondence, administrative and agency files, departmental meeting minutes and other confidential information.
7. The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
9. Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
Experience: Six to twelve months of prior staffing experience in health care field is preferred. One to two years experience and proficiency working in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made. - See more at: http://www.lifecarejobboard.com/ViewJob.aspx?JobId=4567#sthash.qr5KSGLT.dpuf