Colorado Acute Long Term Hospital Denver CO
Nursing Supervisor (PRN)
General Summary: The Nursing Supervisor assists in the organization, development, management and administration of nursing service activities. Assists in managing the department in the absence of the Director of Nursing. Remains active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Nursing Supervisor competency checklist.
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, reviews 4-week schedules to ensure adequate staffing on all shifts and units for the provision of safe, quality patient care.
- Receives and documents, timely and appropriately, all employee call-ins for absence or sickness, and ensures employee has called-in according to department guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing to adjust staff, as necessary, by transferring individual staff members from one unit to another, arranging and approving necessary overtime and/or unscheduled shifts, and calls in relief staff.
- Assesses problem situations and after thorough investigation, plans and implements corrective action.
- Provides continuing documentation for 24 hour reports, including condition of critically ill patients, patient admission and discharge information, patients scheduled for surgery, personnel absences, and unusual occurrences.
- Communicates and collaborates with Administrator-On-Call as appropriate for solution of any specific and/or unusual situations (i.e. activation of the Disaster Plan).
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Two years of nursing experience
Education: Graduation from an accredited technical school of nursing; BSN desired
1. Current license as a Registered Nurse in state where currently practicing
2. Current BLS certification
3. Current ACLS certification
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made. - See more at: http://www.lifecarejobboard.com/ViewJob.aspx?JobId=4572#sthash.fsCaswue.dpuf