Colorado Acute Long Term Hospital Denver CO
Registered Nurse - PRN
General Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and provides nursing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The RN provides, directs and guides patient/family teaching and discharge planning to prepare the patient for self, home or further professional care. The RN is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper utilization of the nursing process and performs skills reflected and validated by the RN competency checklist.
- Assists other RN’s, LPN/LVN’s, PCT’s and CNA's in the care of the patient.
- Plans patient care for assigned shift to facilitate proper utilization of time, resources, manpower, and supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate, quality care.
- Performs 24-hour Chart Checks as assigned to ensure that orders are written, signed and taken off properly as per LifeCare policy and procedure.
- Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the Charge Nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Completes documentation and communicates concisely adhering to the nursing standards of practice.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
Education: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current RN license in state where currently practicing
- Current BLS certification
- Obtain ACLS within six
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made. - See more at: http://www.lifecarejobboard.com/ViewJob.aspx?JobId=4478#sthash.LzQNdVHQ.dpuf