Lamaze Instructor is responsible for the promoting the birth experience and assisting families to utilize strategies to facilitate a normal, healthy birth experience.
Essential Generic Job Functions(List in order of importance):
Lamaze Instructor is able to:
- Promote the childbearing experience as a normal, natural, healthy process that profoundly affects women and their families.
- Assist women and families to discover and use strategies that facilitate normal, natural, healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
- Help women and their families to understand how interventions and complications influence the normal course of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
- Provide information and support that encourages attachment between babies and their families.
- Assist women and their families to make informed decisions for childbearing.
- Act as an advocate to promote normal, natural, healthy, fulfilling childbirth experiences for women and their families.
- Design, teach and evaluate a course in Lamaze or Certified Childbirth preparation that increases a woman's confidence and ability to give birth.
- Collaborates with education specialist, advanced practice nurses, and nurse managers to enhance educational support in assigned areas.
- Acts as a mentor for selected students of professional nursing, as appropriate.