Clinical Level II
Job ID: 12642
Schedule Type: Full Time with Benefits
Weekend Work: Every Other Weekend
Holidays: As Needed
Department Name: 6 St John-Psychiatric
On Call: No On-Call Required
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Level II Nurse functions as a caregiver for a specific patient population in order to achieve desired outcomes. This position focuses on expanding knowledge and skills, provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. This position directs and oversees the care provided by other caregivers through delegation, validation, evaluation, and coordination. This position effectively coordinates patient care/unit activities among nursing peers, physicians and support services.
1. Demonstrate familiarity with the shared governance model and the blue print for professional nursing.
2. Consistently and independently prioritizes and delivers dependable and effective patient centered care in a variety of patient situations, from common to complex utilizing the nursing process.
3. Performs ongoing assessment by demonstrating refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources.
4. Plans individualized patient care based on assessment and implements plan to meet immediate needs in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
5. Evaluates patient's response to interventions and adjust the plan of care accordingly.
6. Accurately documents the components of the nursing process per HUMC policy in a timely manner.
7. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively by identifying barriers to communication and seeks assistance in facilitating communication.
8. Identifies ethical issues in the practice setting and brings them to the attention of other team members.
9. Utilizes clinical policy/procedures as well as other practice references on HUMC intranet as resource to deliver proper patient care and achieve desired outcomes.
10. Discusses care as it relates to evidence-based practice.
11. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to promote and market HUMC.
12. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to enhance patient satisfaction.
13. Adheres to American Nurses Association Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
14. Identifies the needs of patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e. age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
16. Solicits and offers feedback on patient concerns and practice setting issues.
17. Demonstrates a developing leadership role by accepting the role of charge nurse.
18. Actively participates in practice setting management including but not limited to performance improvement, projects and committee participation.
19. Demonstrates ability to identify conflicts and resolve them with assistance.
20. Precepts the newly employed staff and students in compliance with established Preceptor Program standards.
21. Collaborates with Clinical Education to review mandatory education and annual competencies based upon accreditation, regulatory and HUMC requirements.
22. Accepts accountability for professional development.
Working Conditions: Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of a NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing.
2. BSN; or minimum of 1 year experience for existing, internal RN candidates only
3. To be achieved by the end of one year of employment as Clinical Level I.
4. Minimum of 1 year prior nursing experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
2. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred: