Date:Feb 19, 2014
Location:Garden City, KS, US
Physical Location:SCH-ST CATHERINE HOSPITAL
Department Name:SCH EMERGENCY ROOM
Hours per Pay Period:72
Required Education:Associates Degree
Required Experience:1 year
Certificate/Licensure:Kansas RN License
Contact Information:Cindy Fowler
Shift hours 11am - 11pm
- Utilizes nursing process to establish and maintain a nursing plan of care according to hospital and/or departmental policy and procedure.
- Provides documented instruction according to identified learning needs for the patient, family members and/or care givers with verbalized understanding prior to discharge.
- Completes discharge instruction sheet on every patient according to departmental policy.
- Coordinates interdepartmental referrals and/or use of outside agencies according to departmental policy.
- Performs, documents and evaluates procedures and treatments according to physician orders, departmental policies and procedures and the nursing plan of care;
-Administers medicines accurately in accordance with nursing policy;
- Documents and evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
- Communicates patient assessments and needs to members of the healthcare team on a daily and as-needed basis.
-Communicates in writing legibly, comprehensively and accurately.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team for delivery of patient care.
- Interacts in a supportive, professional manner with co-workers and others as evidenced by positive working relationships.
- Represents St. Catherine Hospital in a professional manner.
- Helps meet the needs of the unit with flexible scheduling. Adapts to schedule changes.