Date:Feb 18, 2014
Location:Westminster, CO, US
Physical Location:SAH-ST ANTHONY NORTH HOSPITAL
Department Name:SAN CUSTOMER SUPPORT SVCS
Status:Per Requested Need (PRN)
Hours per Pay Period:PRN
Required Education:High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Required Experience:1 - 2years
Contact Information:Linda Davis
Ability to read, write & speak English fluently, good customer relations skills. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. This position will include dispatcher duites as a secondary position, when functioning in Customer Support Dept.
Under the supervision of the supervisor of patient transport, and at the request of the patient transport dispatcher will provide patient handling (lift/turn/transfer) assistance on in various nursing units throughout hospital, and attached medical office building to/from/between units, testing areas, ED and/or surgery. Will provide instruction on the proper use of the patient handling equipment to general nursing staff as appropriate. The duties of the patient transporters will be carried out in a customer service oriented fashion; recognizing their important contribution to patient satisfaction.
• High school graduate or have a G.E.D.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrate technical competence, excellent communication and written skills, interpersonal skills and sensitivity for the hospitalized patient/family.
• Experience working in a health care related field is desirable.
• Knowledge and skills of basic body mechanics and safe patient lift/transfer techniques (including the ability to learn the use patient handling equipment.)
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider by American Heart Association required
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
PATIENT TRANSPORT - 50%
• Performs the safe, timely transport of patients interdepartmentally and upon discharge.
• Perform scheduled and non-scheduled patient lifts, turns, transports, and transfers to and from vehicles at the medical office building ( M.O.B.) or the hospital parking lot.
• Responsible for the transport of patient valuables/belongings and ensures they accompany patient
• Promptly responds to stat calls and meets requests of clinical staff. Responds to Code Green calls and assists as needed.
• Remains accessible at all times and offers to help in order to alleviate heavy transitional work loads.
• Assist nursing units with scheduled and unscheduled patient ambulation
• Documents all round times and stat trips on transport daily log as applicable.
• Organizes and prioritizes work to be completed within assigned time frame.
• Cleans and applies linen to patient transport carts
• Will work with other patient transporters and must respond to frequent lift calls in a timely manner.
• Accurately reports any observed patient status change needs to RN.
• Communicates frequently with nursing staff /transport dispatch regarding current work status and whereabouts.
• Follow policies and procedures of the department and demonstrate compliance with accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements.
EQUIPMENT - 15%
• Maintains department stretchers, wheelchairs in patient ready condition.
• Will assist in patient handling/transport equipment management, including cleaning and ensuring the equipment
• Safely uses, stores, and maintains oxygen tanks.
• Must be able to train staff in the proper use of patient handling equipment
• Conducts rounds for the proper, timely delivery and pickup of various items such as supplies, records, specimens, x-rays, orders and equipment.
• Performs stocking duties as assigned and directed by staff.
• Reports any mechanical malfunctions to staff.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Must be able to lift over 100 lbs. 25% of the time, up to 100 lbs. 25% of the time, up to 50 lbs. 25-50% of the time, up to 25 lbs. 50% or more of the time. Required to work 8-10 hrs per day Monday through Wednesday at this time.