R.N. - Surgical (7P) (PRN)
|Location:||St. Joseph Regional Health Center (Bryan)|
|Hours worked:||Other (see other field for details)|
|Other hours worked:||As needed.|
|Days worked:||Other (see other days worked field for details)|
|Other days worked:||As needed.|
STAFF RN (PRN) - SURGICAL/TOWER 3 - St. Joseph Regional Heatlh System, Bryan, Texas
Plans, organizes and administers comprehensive nursing care in accordance with department policies, procedures and standards of care and directs nursing care activities of team members.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Texas. Certification in CPR required or must be obtained by completion or orientation.
· Demonstrates ability to establish effective working relationships and communicates effectively and understandably with customers, physicians, and other hospital members.
· Demonstrates ability to positively interact with persons of different ethnic, religious, moral and cultural beliefs.
· Exhibits willingness to treat all people courteously, fairly, and with dignity.
· Exhibits willingness to understand, follow, and promote the hospital’s mission, values, philosophy, and objectives.
· Ensures confidentiality of all customer information.
· Uses, distributes, and conserves resources in consideration of the environment.
· Ability to work safely in an infectious environment.
· Ability to perform essential work duties as identified (*) on attached evaluation;
· Exhibits willingness to read, understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
· Works in generally pleasant atmosphere with some potential for exposure to communicable diseases and stress.
· May be exposed to trauma through needle-sticks, electrical shock and compressed gases.
· Demonstrates proper body mechanics when performing tasks.
· Demonstrates ability to work with, clean-up spills and/or dispose of body fluids, blood, secretions, as defined in organizational policies and procedures.
· Utilizes standard precautions when performing tasks.
· Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods;
· Ability to listen and speak effectively; to lift up to 50 pounds, and twist, bend, and reach to perform tasks.
· Exhibits ability to move an occupied bed and push with enough strength to give effective CPR.
· Ability to recognize and respond to the age specific (a) needs of populations served.
· Ability to organize workload, delegate tasks effectively, and communicate potential problems with other employees.
· Participates in quality improvement activities - assesses, measures, improve.
· Exhibits effective decision-making skills as appropriate.
· Skills and ability to implement the teaching/learning process utilizing adult learning theories.