Date:Feb 14, 2014
Location:Lakewood, CO, US
Physical Location:SAH-ST ANTHONY HOSPITAL
Department Name:SAH FLOAT POOL
Status:Part Time - Benefits Elig
Hours per Pay Period:48
Required Education:High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Required Experience:Experience Preferred
Contact Information:Mandy Gray
High school diploma or GED; CNA or LPN license. Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association. Clinical experience.
PURPOSE: Performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN partner(s)
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS/LICENSE/DEGREE REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or GED; CNA or LPN license.
• Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Essential Job Functions
• Provides quality patient care, including comfort and hygiene measures, preventative skin care, safety measures, transport, and nutritional and elimination needs in collaboration with the RN partner.
• Promptly answers call lights and responds to patient needs
• Performs a variety of technical tasks which include set up of equipment, incentive spirometry, foley care , glucometer, pulse oximeter, feeding tubes, drainage tubes, specimen collection, and ambulation
• Ensures that work environment and patient rooms are neat and orderly to enhance unit and hospital image
• Provides assistance with feeding, meals, passing water, snacks to ensure that patient's dietary needs are met
• Collects specimens practicing universal precautions as directed by RN
• Accurately and in a timely manner, reports patient status changes and needs to RN
• Organizes and prioritizes work to be completed within assigned time frame to promote consistent patient comfort
• Performs all duties in a conscientious, courteous and caring manner to maintain positive customer relations
• Accurately charts patient documentation to include vital signs, I & O, percentage of meals taken, personal hygiene, weights and other procedures performed and reports findings promptly to RN
• Performs other administrative documentation as required by unit (e.g. order entry, work logs)
Equal opportunity employer