Operating Room Assistant - Day Surgery - 14-0360
Category: Nursing/Patient Care
Department: 39955 - Day Surgery OR
Status: Full time
Schedule: Days, weekends as neededDescription: Reporting to the Director of Day Surgery or Surgical Services with accountability to the Clinical Unit Leaders and under the direction of the surgical team, assists team members and anesthesiologists with case set-up and room turnover to expedite the surgical schedule. Responsible for selecting and setting up surgical supplies, equipment and instrumentation including creating a sterile field. Performs patient care technician role as needed.
1. High school graduate, or equivalent.
2. Completion of a nurses' assistant training course, EMT or paramedics training course, or current enrollment in an accredited nursing program with completion of at least one major clinical medical or surgical rotation.
3. Minimum of six months experience working in a patient care setting required.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Knowledge of and/or experience in the correct use of body mechanics preferred.