The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Nursing & Clinical Coordinator.
This is a tenure-track position for a qualified applicant and is available in May, 2014.
Teaching: is 50% of position during academic year; curriculum design, planning, implementation and evaluation, and for the development and implementation of specific courses offerings in the curriculum/clinicals.
Coordinator: is performed year-round - 50% of role during academic year and part-time basis over summer break. Oversee placement of MSN students in rotations for clinical practice courses.
The College of Nursing offers CCNE accredited undergraduate and graduate programs as well as a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. We serve traditional aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats.
The university is located in a residential neighborhood 35 miles southwest of Chicago with satellite locations in downtown Joliet, IL and Albuquerque, NM. The surrounding Chicagoland area offers robust park and recreation resources, major league sports, cultural arts, museums, festivals, shopping, restaurants, and two major airports.
- MSN required, prefer DNP or Ph.D.
- Current certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current RN license or eligibility for licensure in Illinois
- Two years of experience in clinical nursing practice
- Evidence of self-development through participation in continuing education offerings, advanced study, scholarly pursuit and/or professional and clinical activities
- Submission of a plan for pursuit of doctoral degree in Nursing or related field from a regionally accredited institution, if applicable
- Willingness to uphold and fulfill the mission, vision, values, and traditions of the University of St. Francis
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
Review of applications begins immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application.
Salary and other considerations will be competitive and consistent with the university’s commitment to recruiting the best-qualified individual.
To view complete postings and apply, go to www.stfrancis.edu/jobs