As an integral part of the team, the Business Associate is responsible for the business aspects of a patient's stay, as well as patient-focused care within the Clinical Specialty Services. These include: maintaining census information and the integrity of the patient's medical record, scheduling appropriate tests and medical procedures, receiving and maintaining office inventory and other duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Maintains census; demographic and charge information including assigning beds to incoming patients, updating this System and compiling information for charge capture and patient processing (Cerner/Epic/Bedboard) and support of patient registration and order entry systems.
2. 2. Assists in the admission/discharge/transfer process.
3. 3. Schedules appropriate tests, medical procedures and follow-up appointments.
4. 4. Assists in the medical record management by maintaining paper and electronic forms through Patient Works as necessary for the unit specific patient population; discharging charts in appropriate order, compiling deficiency information and working with members of the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team to complete charts.
5. 5. Assumes responsibility for chart completion process in accordance with the standards of Medical Records/Health Information Management (HIM).
6. 6. Monitors patient throughput through the use of Agiletrac and communicates progress to CNM/Nursing staff
7. 8. Greets visitors and answers telephones promptly and courteously. Accompanies visitors to appropriate area, when necessary. Provides information and makes referrals when appropriate.
8. 7. Assists patients with guest services, such as television and telephone services, securing valuables, etc. Assists with patient mail and deliveries.
9. 9. Promotes a customer service environment for the unit/service.
10. 10. Initiates calls and pages to members of the Health Care Team.
11. 11. Receives and maintains inventory of required supplies for the patient care area.
12. 12. Utilizes Door Tag Program to correctly identify all patients & room numbers within the unit environment.
13. 13. Answers Patient Call System and refers to appropriate staff.
14. 14. Reports and follows up on any patient belongings/property according to institutional policy.
15. 15. Reviews death certificates for completion and generates reports as required.
16. 16. Participates in the diet/menu selection process for patients.
17. 17. Completes the patient discharge process in a timely manner to engage all systems related to bed turnover ie Housekeeping; Transport; Infection Control; etc.
18. 18. Participates in environmental management.
19. 19. Treats co-workers, patients & families with dignity and respect.
20. 20. Promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity and is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of others.
21. 21. Participates in unit activity in a fiscally prudent manner.
22. 22. Participates in improving patient satisfaction/HCAHPS within unit setting.
23. 23. Adheres to designated dress code.
24. 24. Performs other duties as assigned.
25. Shared Duties and Responsibilities Across Care Center/Specialty Area
It is expected that all Unit-based employees will function as members of a team dedicated to provide the highest quality patient care and services to our patients by assisting in such functions as maintaining a safe, clean and functional environment, answering phones, transporting patients and assisting patients and visitors during the hospital stay.