Position Responsibilities:The Breast Health Nurse Practitioner will provide quality care and education to cancer patients and their families. He/she will Provide consultation, diagnosis, treatment and follow up care of cancer patients under the direct supervision of an oncologist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrates individual patient care within multidisciplinary teams to coordinate patient care among health professionals.
- Ensures timely work-up to facilitate earlier diagnosis and monitors patient care outcomes.
- Acts as a resource for cancer patients and family members throughout the continuum of care (prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship).
- Works with MDs and multidisciplinary staff members to assess patient and family concerns, problems, and needs related to their cancer care and then provide or refer within RWJ/CINJ to support the specific medical, psychological, language, and socioeconomic needs.
- Responds to referrals and documents communication with patients, PCP’s and other specialists.
- Promotes cancer program to MDs, patients, community, co-workers and outside organizations.
- Participates in community education programs, outreach, health fairs, health screenings, and lectures.
- Assists patients and family in enrolling in support groups.
- Orders, conducts and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests distinguishing between normal and abnormal findings to determine diagnosis appropriate disposition and plan of care.
- Consistently produces accurate, comprehensive, and confidential electronic medical records; legible records when not electronic.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-directed in attending educational programs to meet job and licensing agency requirements.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Follows department specific policies and procedures with skill and precision.
- Flexible and responsive to needs of department and assists whenever possible.
- Regularly attends staff meetings and contributes positively to unit goals.
- Participates in offsite events.
- Demonstrates skills in problem solving and priority recognition.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Licensed RN, Master’s prepared
- Certification as Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of New Jersey required
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Oncology and preferably OCN certified.