As Coordinator, Performance Improvement (PI) you will serve as clinical expert liaison for System Hospitals on activities related to core measures including data abstraction and entry, identification of opportunities for improvement, education, and development of related tools. You will act as a resource to sites by providing information and facilitating services.
- Serves as clinical expert liaison between the Institute of Clinical Excellence and Quality and the system hospitals as it pertains to core measure and other improvement activities.
- Abstracts pertinent information from medical records and enters it into the core measure database. Notifies appropriate individuals at the hospitals when collection is completed.
- Follows-up to ensure correction of identified problems. Assists in the development and revision of all core measure related tools.
- Educates hospital staff in all aspects of core measures. Advises others on how best to meet requirements. Shares best practices with the hospitals.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment, if hired after September 1, 2010 and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of employment date.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience and previous core measure knowledge and/or abstraction experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC applications including web based applications, required.
- Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission and Department of Health requirements and supporting information system applications as it relates to core measures.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.