Design, develops, test, and enhance enterprise-wide population health service delivery models utilizing Walgreens’ assets (for example: retail pharmacy, Healthcare Clinics, etc.) These programs will differentiate the consumer/patient experience for individuals using Walgreens services, and provide value to hospitals and health systems, medical groups, government health systems, etc. The overall objectives of these programs are to expand Walgreen’s market share and profitability, while concurrently enhancing patient outcomes.
- Work closely with other members of the Clinical Office and Business Units to create, test, and scale enterprise-wide population health solutions to differentiate the consumer/patient experience. These programs will also response to needs of various healthcare organizations, such as healthcare providers, payors, employers, and governmental healthcare organizations.
- Develops clinical programs and solutions that leverage Walgreens capabilities to impact the Triple Aim and offer value to Walgreens customers while enhancing corporate profitability.
- Functions as a subject matter on selected clinical conditions (for example: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc.).
- Works closely with the relevant Product Management team members to ensure that all clinical programs support the company’s Product Management strategy.
- Proactively establishes and maintains a broad-based understanding of the healthcare industry and uses such information to enhance the development of population health services within the company.
- Collaborates with other internal Walgreen’s departments to ensure efficient and effective service introductions into client facilities including: legal compliance fulfillment, contract compliance, care plans, outcome reporting, and alignment with the Company’s long-term Pharmacy, Health, and Wellness strategy.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders including the Business Units and Product Management - ensuring that new and existing clinical program care programs are integrated with other initiatives and updated as needed. Collaborates with WAG sales activities to optimize various opportunities.
- Collaborates with WAG Sales activities to optimize various opportunities.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and at least 5 years of experience designing and implementing population based healthcare solutions.
- Required licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) as granted by the applicable state licensing agency.
- Experience developing, testing, and implementing one or more healthcare programs for a chronic clinical condition that has impacted large populations
- Experience using nursing and care coordination assets and resources to deliver key components of clinical/population-based programs.
- Experience conducting clinical literature searches, benchmarking clinical programs created by other organizations, and/or reviewing outcomes studies.
- Experience creating and presenting proposals, project plans, etc. to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Knowledge of healthcare industry issues and trends.
- Experience accomplishing goals with limited supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify opportunities, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of programs and increase value to stakeholders.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree , MBA or MPH.
- At least 5 years of experience in the healthcare industry (payor, health system, population health or care management firm).
- Experience developing and implementing healthcare (pharmacy and/or other health and wellness services) service delivery models for customers in more than one distribution channel.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees.
- Experience planning, developing, and managing budgets.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.