Position Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the delivery of nursing care. The professional nurse assumes the responsibility and accountability for the appropriate delegation of patient care to other members of the health care team. Responsible to assist the Physician, PA, or NP in support of medical care of urgent care patients. Day to day activities will vary from triage, answering phones, taking medical histories, to performing lab work.
Education: ASN required. BSN preferred.
Experience: 0-1 requred, 2-4 preferred.
Licensures/Certifications: NJ RN license, ACLS, 8 hours CEU in trauma every 2 years, CPR, PALS or equivalent. CEN and NIH preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following;
1. Demonstrates high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to consistently receive and greet visitor, patients, and staff members in a professional manner
2. Perform selected nursing and administrative duties
3. Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient histories, vital signs and medication review
4. Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
5. Administer injections and apply dressings as instructed
6. Distribute medications as directed by Physician, PA, or NP
7. Requires ability to perform vena puncture
8. Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization
9. Assist provider in preparing for minor surgeries and exams
10. Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments
11. Order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment
12. Maintain patient files, records and other information
13. Work closely with the Physician, PA, or NP to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients
14. Perform direct patient care as instructed by the Physician, PA, or NP
15. Perform lab tests as directed by the Physician, PA, or NP
16. Adjust to quality assurance policies and procedures concerning all physical therapy issues
17. Maintain equipment for use at all times, in a clean and safe condition
18. Makes suggestions to improve work methods
19. Trains new employees
20. Other duties may be assigned