Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day, more than 18,000 VNSNY employees — including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals — deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
– Home Care Consultant –
Evaluates patients referred to VNSNY Home Care program to determine appropriateness of admission. Promotes and fosters ongoing collaborative communication system with institutional personnel to establish coordinated home care. Manages and facilitates the safe and timely transfer of patients from a hospital or skilled nursing facility to the care of the Agency.
In addition, the Supervisor will assume the following responsibilities:
* Establish a definitive home care plan in collaboration with the Coordinator of Care (“COC”), and make clinical assessment of the appropriateness of the requested services, medical supplies and appliances, based on goals mutually acceptable to the patient and family, care provider, etc. for the optimal patient benefit.
* Ensure that appropriate supplies and/or medical equipment are readily available in patients’ homes prior to discharge.
* Determine coverage for requested home health services, confirm coverage availability with third party insurance, and inform patient or family member of source(s) and extent of coverage, and interpret reimbursement and coverage issues to hospital staff.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State required.
* Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Nursing from Accredited Nursing Program.
* Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience in a homecare, hospital or long term care facility OR successful completion of the VNSNY nine month associate HCC internship required.
* Experience in case management, administration or discharge planning experience in a hospital setting preferred.
To apply, go to http://jobs.vnsny.org/brooklyn/clinical/jobid4893067-home-care-consultant-jobs
For the fifth consecutive year, VNSNY has been voted one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York.