Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day, more than 18,000 VNSNY employees — including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals — deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
– Clinical Intake Manager –
Manages the day-to-day intake operations from all referral sources. Works collaboratively with Operations and referrers to assure a safe transition to home care. Assists the department in meeting agency goals. Provides guidance and support to intake staff in managing the day-to-day operations of assigned intake staff to ensure safe transition of patients into home care services.
In addition, the Supervisor will assume the following responsibilities:
* Assist in the coordination of home care services for complex cases, facilitate problem resolution.
* Develop staff through individual and team coaching; involve staff in the process of self-development; facilitate regular staff meetings to hear staff updates and concerns; and offer guidance, input and suggestions on best practices.
* Ensure quality of intake staff performance is consistent with Agency mission, policies and standards and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State required.
* Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Nursing from Accredited Nursing Program.
* Minimum of three years as an Intake clinician or related experience in community health, health care administration, Long-Term Home Health Care Program or discharge planning required. Prior experience in management, case management, administration or discharge planning preferred.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal, customer service and relationship building skills required.
* Basic computer/PC skills required.
* Ability to balance multiple tasks and manage conflicting priorities required. Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
To apply, go to http://jobs.vnsny.org/westchester/nurse-management-other/jobid4131998-clinical-intake-manager-jobs
For the fifth consecutive year, VNSNY has been voted one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York.