Genesis Group Homes is a growing, progressive company headquartered in Brooklyn Park MN, whose mission is to provide supportive living services to individuals with disabilities. We currently operate eight group homes in Brooklyn Park, Champlin and Maple Grove. Please review our website at: www.genesisgrouphomes.com to learn more about us.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for maintaining a training schedule for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) that will include: Medical Administration, as well as training DSP’s to meet the medical needs of specific consumers. This position is also responsible for advising the program staff on best practices, vulnerabilities and training needs. This position provides direct care to consumers which may include: examinations, administration of injections, wound care, changes in health and mental status of consumers, and other care as assigned by the Residential Director or ordered by physicians. This position is also responsible for contacting healthcare providers to ensure that proper care is being delivered to consumers. Administrative/educational duties include: attending seminars to stay current in the field, advising program staff on policy and procedure revisions, ordering and maintaining medical supplies.
- Must have the ability to conduct training classes to satisfy the requirements of staff. This would include, but is not limited to: Med administration, CPR/First Aid, diabetic classes, G Tube class, catheters, etc.
- Must have the ability to mentor and consult with staff.
- Must have the ability to assess and monitor consumer’s needs and have the ability to address those needs.
- Must have the ability to communicate with physicians and understand and communicate their instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated skill in reading, writing and speaking the English language fluently.
- Possess sight and hearing senses, or use a prosthetic device which enables these senses to function adequately.
- Must have physical ability to lift, transfer individuals and perform required interventions.
- Ability to pass DHS background check.
- Access to an insured vehicle and clean driving record.
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota.
Must possess a Bachelor’s of Nursing degree from an accredited University, and provide Genesis Group Homes with transcripts.
Benefits: Paid time off, life insurance, dental insurance.
How to Apply: email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Or apply online at: http://www.genesisgrouphomes.com/careers/employmentopportunities