IMMEDIATE CAREER OPPORTUNITY for an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) in Corrections!!
CFG Health Network has an immediate career opportunity for an
Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) in Corrections
This professional will work in the
Hudson County Correctional Facility located in Kearny, NJ
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
CFG Health Systems, LLC (CFG) is a physician owned company that provides comprehensive and cost-effective medical services to incarcerated individuals. Our continued investment in our processes and performance standards has allowed us to emerge as a leading correctional services provider. With an intense focus on excellent clinical care and client service, we aim to provide personalized service to each of our correctional partners.
- Performs and documents patient evaluation, including taking the patient’s history and conducting a physical examination
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Writes orders for medical medications and treatments, under guidelines of licensure
- May perform invasive procedures as necessary
- Dictates discharge summaries and transfer orders
- Maintains and follows patient care protocols
- Works with members of the healthcare team in educating the patients of their medical care
- Continually updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education and review of literature for the benefit of themselves as well as for the healthcare team
- Must possess a Master’s Degree
- Must have current and valid Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice Nurse license with at least one year experience of providing direct patient care.
- Must have prescriptive authority.
- Previous experience in a correctional setting preferred.