Working here, you’ll be a valued member of a compassionate, dedicated team of professionals that consistently delivers care with exceptional outcomes. The VNA of Somerset Hills has been providing innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset county residents for over 100 years. Our focus is providing the care and support necessary to help individuals maintain their health, quality of life and independent living.
We offer exciting career opportunities for clinicians, support staff and other business professionals. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, a generous benefits package and a supportive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: Responsible for educating the discharge planning team of the hospital and/or other health care facilities (shall hereafter be referred to as “facility”) about VNASH services, working with facilities to expedite home care referrals and identifying ways to partner with facilities to improve delivery of care.
Reports To: Referral Service Center Manager
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey. A minimum of two years’ experience in nursing, at least one of which is in community health nursing or emergency department.
- Proficient with basic computer skills: Microsoft access, word, excel, Allscripts
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice
- Understanding and knowledge of the nursing process
- Knowledge of Hospice philosophy and practice
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision
- Ability to recognize needs and concern for people
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with individuals, families and various disciplines and departments within the facility structure
- Ability to interpret agency (VNASH) policies and services, including general guidelines for Medicare coverage in Home Care/Hospice
- Ability to communicate facility discharge planning needs etc. to VNASH
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets agency policy to patients and facility personnel
- Assists in evaluation of patients referred by facility staff for home care to determine appropriateness for admission to VNASH program
- Works with discharge planning team at the facility to refer patients needing other sources of care or appropriate service
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other disciplines while establishing a coordinated home care plan prior to discharge
- Conferences with physicians and obtains MD orders, as appropriate
- Obtains insurance approvals, as per facility process
- Collaborates with VNASH Referral Service Center regarding patient plan of care and needs
- Communicates on a regular basis with facility regarding patient needs
- Develops and maintains relationships with appropriate facility personnel, and serves as a resource for community and home care issues and best practices
- Serves as liaison between facility and VNASH
- Collects and maintains statistical data of all referred patients
- Works in conjunction with Manager of Sales & Marketing to schedule service review meetings at the facilities
- Works with appropriate facility and VNASH personnel to identify procedures to improve patient care
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings as directed