Southeast Georgia Health System is a not-for-profit healthcare system with multiple locations and services. The System has served the residents of and visitors to the beautiful Golden Isles and surrounding areas of Southeast Georgia since 1888.
The Senior Care Center-Brunswick is a 200-bed, long-term, non-profit nursing facility that provides services such as on-site nursing, dietary, physical therapy, some physician services, pharmacy, podiatry, social work, housekeeping, and speech/language pathology. Clinical laboratory, imaging (X-ray), and additional services are provided off-site through Southeast Georgia Health System's other facilities and healthcare partners.
We are currently seeking a results-driven:
- Senior Care Center-Brunswick -
The Assistant Director of Nursing supervises and provides direct care on a patient care unit to adult and geriatric patient populations and has clinical accountability for patient care. This position will Interpret and implement policies, procedures, standards, and regulations related to patient care staff, medical staff, patients, families, and visitors while demonstrating discretion and sound judgment. Responsible to assure adequate quantities of supplies and properly functioning equipment, monitor workflow and productivity, and perform duties in a nursing capacity as needed.
- Maintains clinical proficiency and serves as a clinical resource/expert for other staff members and facilitates effective clinical problem solving skills collaboratively with health care team members.
- Performs daily tasks of the unit, as delegated, including appropriate staffing and scheduling, daily communications, materials management, patient/bed control etc.
- Assists with the implementation of unit plans and programs as well as staff education.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to direct unit and coordinate changing and complex patient care needs with all members of the health care team and community resources.
- Assists with clinical leadership development and performance advancement of unit staff.
- Participates in financial management and maintenance within prescribed budget parameters.
- Assimilates knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional literature into practice.
- Develops mechanisms that facilitate transmission of new knowledge.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- NLN Accredited Associated Degree Program; BSN preferred
- Three (3) years RN experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Current RN License to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- National certification as clinically appropriate preferred
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification preferred.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.sghs.org. Or you may apply to the direct link below: http://jobs.sghs.org/jobs/921191-Assistant-Director-of-Nursing-LTC.aspx
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V
- Hires only Non-Tobacco Users