Patient Flow Coordinators (one position 0.5 days / one position 0.5 nights)
- In collaboration with Hospital Operations Supervisor, facilitates patient flow by appropriately allocating resources within pre-defined protocols and systems, including but not limited to the facilitation of departmental plans and staffing.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Collaborates with appropriate leaders to facilitate departmental plans for patient admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Degree in nursing required and demonstrated proficiency working with patient flow/bed control activities. Ability to manage a changing working environment as a result of changing patient needs. Proven interaction and communication (oral, writing, presenting) skills to effectively communicate (oral and written) with management and co-workers during day-to-day, stressful, and emotionally charged situations. Demonstrated competence, clinical expertise, and sound professional judgment. Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with health care team members. Demonstrated ability to use effective analytical and critical thinking skills to problem-solve and respond quickly to meet departmental needs.
- BSN in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a registered Nurse in an acute care setting required or as staff in bed control.
- Previous managerial experience in nursing preferred.
- Acceptable references from previous employer(s)
- Able to communicate fluently (speaking and writing) using the English Language.