Business Segment: Healthcare Human Resources
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. The Nurse is responsible for providing occupational health nursing care to employees as authorized by Federal/Local laws and under the direction of a GEHC Medical Director, and Senior Nurse.
- Providing primary occupational health nursing care, including assessment, follow-up and patient education in accordance with federal/local laws and directives issued by a GEHC Medial Director
- Providing emergency response medical services to employees consistent with emergency plans, level of training, and certification
- Complying with all Federal/Local government regulations, and GE guidelines regarding recordkeeping
- Assisting employees unable to work due to medical leave, (includes partnering with employees and their families, management, HR, disability centers, Workers’ Compensation carriers, Employee Assistance Programs etc.), with the objective of successful employee reintegration into the workforce
- Facilitating both required screenings (such as hearing conservation or respirator wear), and wellness initiatives (such as flu immunizations, health fairs and patient education)
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Federal/Local licensing for nurses in jurisdiction of residence
2. 4-year college/university bachelors degree
3. Basic knowledge of disability benefits, workers' compensation
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills
5. Computer literate
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Case manager certification
2. Audiology certification
3. Respiratory program certification
4. Demonstrated project management skills