At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way health care is practiced.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad.
A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
Our true measure of success? Our clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average. We attribute that success to our most important patient touch point: our teammates!
“We do dialysis, but we are not about dialysis. We are about the lives of our patients, teammates and partners, and the communities in which we operate” – Kent Thiry, Chairman and CEO.
Join us as we continue pursuing our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
Take charge, enable independence, and enjoy the relationships that our Part Time Peritoneal Dialysis nurses experience!
- "Patients truly depend on you for the answers. You are their lifeline. You're the first person they think of and call if something goes wrong and it's your responsibility to do the troubleshooting and get them back on track." - Sabrina, PD RN.
Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands. As a Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) RN, you educate your patients on how to do their own dialysis from their homes, and you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track. Through this experience, the trusting relationships you build with patients and their families are strong and fulfilling.
You're calling the shots. Here's what you can expect:
Complexity - Embrace a mentally demanding role with many moving parts.
Expect to manage "a very organized chaos." You multitask in myriad ways - put down one patient's chart, start another, work with a physician, run out to get a medication, respond to a supplier's request - with lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It's challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
Teaching - Empower patients to live healthier lives sharing your knowledge.
You've got to love teaching. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
- "I have more autonomy and more responsibility for the patient. I give complete care and have to manage it all, but I always have someone I can call for help." - Deb, PD RN
Our Shining Star must have:
- Passion for making a difference in patients' lives!
- Ability to work between 24-30 hours/week with a flexible schedule.
- Current RN license in the state of Arkansas
- ADN required; BSN preferred
- One year of Dialysis RN experience required. preferably in a chronic, PD, or Acute environment.
- Current CPR certification required and maintained without lapse
- Training/Teaching background preferred
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required
- CNN or CDN highly desired
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen." Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Hemodialysis, Renal, ESRD, Critical Care, Med Surge, Telemetry, Kidney, renal therapy, CKD, nephrology, RN, Nurse, Registered Nurse