International SOS is the world’s leading provider of medical assistance, international healthcare and security services. We are a global company and serve 87-percent of the Fortune Global 100 and 70-percent of the Global Fortune 500 companies.
- We have more than 10,000 employees led by 1,200 physicians and 200 security specialists.
- When travelers are abroad and get sick – or just need advice - we assist.
- We provide travel care advice that includes recommended and required vaccinations and preventative measures to maintain good health.
- A traveler can call any of our 27 assistance centers 24/7. Our staff provides medical advice, identifies a doctor or hospital for medical evaluation and treatment, assists with replacing medications, and makes sure that the individual is receiving the appropriate care in their current location.
- Medical conditions can be as simple as a common cold or as serious a heart attack in hotel room; a stroke in a remote site; or a motor vehicle accident.
- No matter the location, we have resources for medical care, with qualified and vetted providers around the world. If the appropriate medical care is not available in the traveler’s location, we will evacuate them to a center of medical excellence. We coordinate the evacuation via commercial carrier or via medical air ambulance.
- We also provide medical escorts for individuals who can fly commercially but require close medical monitoring.
We are currently searching for a Coordinating Nurse (RN) to be responsible for the delivery of professional and effective medical assistance services for all clients of International SOS to the highest standards of excellence in conjunction with the Regional Medical Director, coordinator doctors and nurses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Medical assistance services such as case direction
- Receive and assess relevant medically related calls received from clients. Collect logistical, medical and collateral histories pertaining to the medical event/incident
- Provide telephone medical assessment of designated patients in all parts of the world, assess and monitor the appropriateness of the treatment where they are located in conjunction with the Regional Medical Director and Coordinator Doctors
- Share direct responsibility for the assessment of medical and logistical aspects of evacuations and repatriations in conjunction with the Regional Medical Director and Coordinator Doctors., including the assessment of the necessity of an evacuation and the means by which it should take place. (i.e. air-ambulance/commercial carrier/seated/stretcher/escort type/medical equipment/etc.)
- Promotion of International SOS services
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese;
- Recent inpatient clinical skills, ICU/ER are a plus;
- Team player;
- Love to learn something new every day;
- Multi task and take direction well;
- Proficient typing, computer, and communication skills;
- There are opportunities for travel.
International SOS offers:
- A great working environment
- Flexible scheduling
- Excellent pay
- Competitive benefits.
Please email resume to: email@example.com