Additional Job Information
Title: RN II
City, State: Round Rock, TX
Location: Seton Medical Center Williamson
Department: Emergency Department 001
Additional Job Details: FT Nights, 72 Hours Bi-Weekly
The RN II provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Competently applies the Patient Centered Care Nursing Process including the patient /family, Evidence-Based Practices (EBP), Safety and Process Improvement for patient and unit outcomes of care.
- Competently applies collaborative teamwork and leadership as a member of an inter-professional team to coordinate patient centered care for quality patient and unit outcomes of care processes.
- Competently applies information resources technology and processes to communicate for quality patient outcomes and unit outcomes of care and processes.
- Exemplifies professionalism: applies lifelong learning; contributes to the science of nursing; participates in governance; shares knowledge to expand the scale and scope of best practices with others; builds the ethical, moral and regulatory base for best practices and processes of patient and unit care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
Education & Experience:
- Internal applicants: A minimum of (9) months of nursing experience is required.
- External applicants: One (1) year of nursing experience is required.
- Bachelor's in Nursing is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date -OR- current home state license for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.