Additional Job Information
Title: Edu-Clinical RN
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Medical Park Tower
Department: Oncology Admin 001
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online attoday. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
The Edu-Clinical RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates educational activities planning for an assigned service or population.
- Collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serves as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
- Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs, including preceptor programs.
- Develops education and learning plans for the specialty and/or unit which is congruent with Network policy, nursing practice, resource allocation, and is approved by the Network Nursing Education leadership. Provides support of learning activities within the Network Nursing Education System, and assists leadership with evaluating the effectiveness of educational programming.
- Maintains clinical competence. Integrates and promotes evidence-based practice and practice-based evidence to guide practice decisions within the specialty and/or unit through dissemination of research findings in educational activities and in-services.
- Maintains written and electronic education records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Leads, promotes, and maintains a healing and caring environment that values all relationships. Serves on specialty and/or unit committees, councils, and teams, as well as professional organizations. Identifies, translates, and communicates information from Network, specialty, and unit groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Applied Science, And, Three (3) years of related experience in education content development and delivery, project management, and large scale change management, to include two (2) years of progressive leadership experience.
- Preferred Master’s degree may substitute for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Either the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be in Nursing.
- NOTE: By January 1, 2017, all associates in this job title must have completed a Masters degree.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Nursing Professional Development-Board Certified (RN-BC) certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.