RN - Clinical Nurse II - Cardiac Cath Lab - PART TIME
Facility:University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type:Part Time
Department:UMH: Med Cardiac Cath Lab
Job Posting Category:Nursing
Hours of Work:M-F, 7a-5p
Job ID #:26506
License/Cert Required:Lic Registered Nurse,Cert Basic Cardiac Life Supprt,Cert Adv Cardiac Life Supp
Minimum Experience:1 Year
University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) with a desire to join our premier multidisciplinary team in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab).
The Cardiac Cath Lab performs diagnostic and investigational cardiac procedures. Patients who utilize the service are primarily inpatients admitted to various units, transfers from other facilities and outpatients. Approximately 10 - 15 procedures are performed daily.
The successful candidate will hold Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland, or eligibility for licensure in the state. BLS, ACLS and moderate sedation administration experience is required. Experience in critical care nursing is also required, with experience in a cath lab preferred.
1.Competent evaluation with successful passing of probation; current on all mandatory classes/training.
2.Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
3. Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education/year.
4. Member of a professional organization.
5. Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead others, such as effectiveness as charge nurse, preceptor, or clinical resource. Demonstrated effectiveness as a multidisciplinary team member.
7. Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information.
8. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
9. Demonstrated/documented highly effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.