River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a part-time Staff Nurse to join our team.
- Conducts all services and programs of the College Health Service department including planning, recruitment, orientation, training, marketing of programs and services and quality assurance.
- Provides information to the college community regarding disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Attends to the college community through health screenings, treatment, teaching, referrals, and education programs.
- Maintains records and reports and managing the worker compensation process.
- Maintains Health Services policy/procedures and medical standing orders with approval of the Medical consultant.
- Receives the college community for medical evaluation/screening, consultation, referrals, and incident reports.
- Confers with Health Career departments to ensure proper health requirements for student's clinical affiliations.
- Provides information to assist Health Career students in completing medical record forms.
- Reviews Health Career student's medical records and approves them for clinical practice; maintains pending medical records and processes students with special health needs.
- Assists campus police with campus emergency's.
- Processes student incident and worker incident reports.
- Processes/maintains worker compensation protocol, including; first report, physician evaluations, recommendations and referrals.
- Maintains Return To Work policy and communicates this to the employee's supervisor and Human Resources department (workers compensation agency if applicable).
- Processes wage statements, physician bills and workers compensation checks.
- Evaluates and processes pre-employment drug tests, physicals and TB tests.
- Conducts blood pressure, administers and reads TB skin tests, vaccinations and medications.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain record system of student utilization of health care services including a component for tracking immunization compliance.
- Maintains a current R.N. license in the state of Illinois
- Associate's degree in Nursing Program
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR Card
- Three years in educational, industrial, or outpatient clinic setting
- Familiarity with safety and health codes, plus experience with processing Workers Compensation claims
- Ability to work with the college community and coordinate their health care within the philosophical and legal boundaries of the school and professional standards.
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.